Develop interactive, responsive websites to impress new clients and employers with your coding skills and get ahead on the job.
This course is a full-time career accelerator that is designed to transform you from a novice to a job-ready, full-stack Software Developer. You will leave with a solid base of programming and computer science knowledge, as well as experience with languages, frameworks, and libraries that local and International employers demand.
Develop functional web applications
During the application process, you will be required to complete an objectified assessment to test how well you are able to learn if admitted to the program. You will start from the beginner’s level with preparatory lessons and resources before you proceed to the intermediate level to boost your confidence with key concepts.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Your own laptop (PC or Mac). Ideally, it should be no more than Three-years old and able to run the most recent operating system. The laptop must have a webcam.
- Headphones / Earpiece and good access to the internet.
- You must be able to dedicate a minimum of 15-20 hours every week. This is based on the time needed to complete the classes and submit your assignments on time.
What you’ll learn
01. Introduction to Command Line and Git
Command line. IDE. Git. Advanced Git. Collaboration with GitHub.
02. Markup & Styling
HTML. CSS. Responsive Design. CSS Libraries.
Arrays. Objects. Functions. DOM. Events. Ajax. External API calls. OOP. Promises. Testing.
04. Practice of Software Engineering
Application Design & Architecture. Testing. Monitoring. Automating. Code Quality. Development methodologies.
05. Frontend Framework
React, Hooks, and Redux
06. Backend Development with Node.js
Getting started with Node.js, Developing with Typescript, Unit testing with Jasmine, Building a Server
07. Creating an API with PostgreSQL/MongoDB and Express
Databases and SQL, Creating an API with Postgres connection, Creating an API with Express, Authentication and Authorization, SQL for advanced API functionality, MongoDB and Mongoose ODM
08. Deployment Process
Setting up a Production Environment, interacting with Cloud Services, Write Scripts for Web Applications, configuring and documenting a pipeline, deploy backends with Heroku.
09. Projects and Career Support
Personal Project, Intertrack Project, Client Project. Career Profile review